ARRI Rental, the premier rental house for professional motion picture Camera and Lighting equipment, is looking for a Prep Technician to work in our Atlanta, GA location.
The Prep Technician is responsible for providing a positive client experience by offering first-class customer service and technical support. The Prep Tech must ensure equipment is ready, complete and up to QC standards for client preps. This position is responsible for pulling and prepping equipment to be used on jobs and demos, assisting with the customer prep process, scanning equipment for jobs and branch transfers, shipping and receiving of equipment and processing missing and damages. Must be able to cover duties in other departments as needed.
We seek a positive, client-centric self-starter with a minimum 2 years’ prep experience in the field of camera rental. Solid knowledge of the Digital and Motion Picture Industry required. Knowledge of Digital, 35mm and 16mm motion picture cameras, lenses and accessories necessary. Knowledge of ARRI digital camera, digital cinematography and lighting products preferred. Fluent in the use of motion picture camera equipment and related accessories.
Main areas of responsibilities for this full-time role include:
- Exceed customer expectations by offering exceptional customer service.
- Fulfill customer orders and branch transfers by pulling equipment from the warehouse, arranging it on the prep floor/room and conduct pre-prep to ensure all equipment is complete and in working order.
- Assist with equipment adds and drops during customer prep. Inform Client Contact of changes.
- Process the shipment of equipment by scanning all items and preparing appropriate shipping documents. Work with Operations Manager to ensure ARRI’s shipping procedures are followed. Review and resolve variances before final shipment.
- Process equipment returns by scanning equipment from jobs, branch transfers and vendors.
- Ensure all equipment is accounted for. Create Missing and Damage reports and notify customers and ARRI Rental staff of missing and damaged equipment.
- Assist in the process of unloading/loading trucks arriving or departing from the warehouse, shipping/receiving, etc.
- Assist with any equipment deliveries to customers or vendors for repair by driving company vehicle.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Operations Manager.
To be considered, you must possess the following skills/abilities:
- Exceptional customer service skills with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Positive attitude and a team player. Able and willing to cover work in other areas.
- Able to interact with tact and diplomacy in a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with staff and clients.
- Able to handle stressful situations professionally.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks and accept direction on given assignments.
- Must be computer literate and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Driver’s license with clean record preferred.
We truly value our staff and offer the benefits to prove it, medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k, vacation, sick and personal leave, etc.
If you are someone who possesses these skills and are up to the challenge, we are looking for you. Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.
Any interested parties should contact their department managers to discuss their interest in this position. Their department manager should then contact Marilyn Oswald at firstname.lastname@example.org discuss scheduling of an interview for this position.
We require that you include your salary requirements for this role along with your resume.
ARRI Rental is an equal opportunity employer.